IFEConneX is an IFEC solution for aircraft that do not have embedded IFEC for audio/video entertainment.
- It allows airlines and business jet operators to offer their passengers an innovative service and to increase ancillary revenue
- For the first time, wireless IFE distribution and inflight connectivity are incorporated into the same technological solution
- Highly intuitive user interface for passengers’ own mobile devices
- Digital Rights Management (DRM) is supported for studio content
- Content can be accessed for free, or purchased with a credit card
- Capacity to stream IFE content to 100 passengers simultaneously
- Software modules uses world-leading Siemens media solutions
IFEConneX is a software module running on a dedicated server – AeroBTS+ – that was designed for inflight connectivity and entertainment services, in particular GSM and Wifi. Radio coverage is provided through leaky lines, supporting GSM/EDGE, and 802.11 a, b, and n services. The AeroBTS+ server provides a GSM base station, an integrated server with 5-port Ethernet switch, Arinc-429 and discrete interface, and a solid state disk drive for content.
Press releases / Coverage:
- TriaGnoSys launches smallest complete IFEC solution more (pdf)
- IFEConneX Product Datasheet (on request)